Skip to main content

I have my quirks.....



A few years ago I was talking with someone who was very much in to health and nutrition, juicing and making their own natural remedies.
We got on the subject of water and he said that "cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment but can thrive in an acidic one". He said he only drinks water with a Ph level of 7 or above and it got me thinking. It also caught my attention because I have a spiritual Father who has for years promoted an alkaline rich diet. So I started to do a bit more research and came to the conclusion that there isn't much scientific data to conclude or make that statement that he made, but there is enough evidence to suggest that keeping a Ph level that is non acidic and more Alkaline contributes to overall better health.
And I love my water and have long before I met Ilana and so a few years ago I started making little changes. So if you know me, like my beloved does, you know that I am a water snob. I refuse to drink Dasani and will opt for anything but, I keep Fiji by my bed and I drink it first thing in the morning and at night before I got to bed ( yes, I drink water before bed) and for economical reasons its usually belmont or poland springs. I have no interest in any of these companies by the way, I'm just sharing my routine.
And I love ( though I often suffer through drinking it down) my power greens because they not only get me a full plus serving of veggies, that I can drink in an instant, they help maintain an alkaline Ph.
My friends food is fuel, water is life, we need both. Make good choices, make the best ones for you, your lifestyle, your nutrition and health needs and goals and of course your budget.
My point, dig in, do some research, arm yourself with knowledge and be your own best advocate.
I kicked my high diabetic levels to the curb by changing my diet, my routine, adding exercise and changing my lifestyle. If I am not vigilant in keeping up these healthy changes I can be back there in an instant.
It is all about making choices. And i's about loving and caring enough about myself to take good and precious care of myself.
Because when I make the choices that are mindful and loving to the body I have been given, I am not being selfish I am being self-caring and there is BIG difference.
Making the self-caring choices that align with being my best and healthiest self, and taking care of me, means that I am able to serve others, to care for others and do for others in ways I am not able when I'm not at my physical best. When I am at strong in my body, confident in my skin, I am capable of doing so much more. I can serve others and rise to the daughter of God that I was created to be, the woman, the friend, the sister, the leader the student.
And being the student this morning I found this quick video thought it was a great way to illustrate the Ph in water.
How did I get to this from sharing about what water I drink...... well it's all connected right? And one roles right in to the other, mind, body, soul and spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  A little break from making St. Joseph's bread for a reflection on keeping my focus on Jesus.

Christmas Eve

  Our Frist Christmas together in Texas - 1982 It's Christmas Eve morning and I am excited for whatever the day brings especially the coming of the birth of Jesus and the blessings and grace that await each new day.  This morning I’m also reflective with emotions and thoughts about my dad who died 23 years ago on Christmas Morning and my mom who died 27 years ago in November. In my heart I know that they are together in heaven celebrating with Jesus and all those I love who have gone home to glory and that brings peace and comfort to my heart. My heart is also filled with so much gratitude because my parents left us with so many wonderful traditions and family memories, family was everything to them. They always instilled in us a spirit of gratitude and unconditional love, and I am so grateful that never was there ever a time that I talked to my mom or dad that I did not tell them how much I loved them. I was by mom’s side when she drew her last breath and I saw the lov...

Are you ready for 2018? I am, I have a plan......

Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2018,  # the25thhour  MOVEMENT and the year YOU finally find that extra time in the day that you have been looking for! And so much more!! Believe me this is a MOVEMENT and group you do not want to miss and it's FREE!! I’ve teamed up with fellow coaches, others and my mentor, Elizabeth who founded #the25thhour, so that together we can provide YOU with a community of value, inspiration, information, motivation and support to live YOUR best life. And I'm delighted to introduce you to the EXPERTS who are here, along with myself and other coaches to help you! This group ROCKS and I am so excited for what is to come!!!!! And to be able to share it with you!!!  Reach out to me and send me a message if you want more information. Read on to learn more about each one. +++++++++++ Dr. Celeste Hamilton, MSc, PhD “The Energy Expert” @drcelestehamilton Dr. Celeste Hamilton is a certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach an...