Skip to main content

Morning Reflection this Christmas Eve morn


 It's Christmas Eve morning and I am excited for whatever the day brings especially the coming of the birth of Jesus and the blessings and grace that await each new day.

 This morning I’m also reflective with emotions and thoughts about my dad who died 21 years ago on Christmas Morning and my mom who died 25 years ago in November.  In my heart I know that they are together in heaven celebrating with Jesus and all those I love who have gone home to glory and that brings peace and comfort to my heart. 

 And along with it, so much gratitude because my parents left us with so many wonderful traditions and family memories, family was everything to them. They also instilled in us a spirit of gratitude and I am so grateful that never was there ever a time that I talked to my mom or dad that I did not tell them how much I loved them.

 I was by mom’s side when she drew her last breath and I saw the love in her eyes as she was leaving this world for the next.  And four years later I had the grace of talking with my dad less than 12 hours before he died. In that conversation he reminded me that I was his “baby girl” or as he would tell me in his sweet Italian accent “his littlest flower”.  Daddy was an avid farmer/gardener with the greenest of thumbs and with three daughters he would always tell me that he had three flowers. And I was the baby sister of the family and his “littlest flower”.  There is no sadness in these memories, only gratitude for the grace of them.

 However, over these years it’s been my experience that grief comes in waves.  Some years and sometimes the waves lap at my feet, others they knock me over with a power I don’t see coming. 

 This year I’m feeling the loss in a powerful way, especially because the past few years with COVID it has been difficult to see my family.  But a visit from my niece and her family last month, throwing myself into our family traditions, baking, cooking, sweet reminders, and remembrances that come to mind and together with my beloved, planning and preparing to host his families Christmas gathering brings a great deal of joy and excitement to see everyone and share a meal around my parents dining room table.

 And while there is certainly joy in this beautiful season and the birth of Jesus, it is also a time of sadness, loss, and remembrance of those who have passed on and are no longer with us.

 And in gatherings, missing those who can't be with us by distance, choice, circumstance, estrangement, strained and broken relationships, whatever the reasons, for there are so many different scenarios, situations, and circumstances as there are people.

 So, this year my beloved and I decided to do a Novena to the Holy Family.  We started on Wednesday, the 21st and will end on December 30th the Feast Day of the Holy Family this year.  We are praying for forgiveness, healing and reconciliation of relationships, the family tree and intergenerational healing for our families and all families.  And I would add to that intention my prayer for us all that the grace and blessing of this beautiful season brings peace, comfort, and deep joy to our heart in whatever tradition we celebrate and to our individual circumstances.

 And at the risk of offending and being preachy…….. sorry, not at all sorry ….. this comes from a daughter who loved and respected her parents and elders in general.  And misses them so much!!  I pray that if you haven’t talked to your dad or mom lately, grandparents, family….. that you find the courage to reach out in grace, we never know what tomorrow may bring.  This life is too precious and too short to have regrets.

 Lastly, I pray that wherever I find myself, that I am present to those around me and to the grace that always abounds, and I pray the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  A little break from making St. Joseph's bread for a reflection on keeping my focus on Jesus.

Christmas Eve

  Our Frist Christmas together in Texas - 1982 It's Christmas Eve morning and I am excited for whatever the day brings especially the coming of the birth of Jesus and the blessings and grace that await each new day.  This morning I’m also reflective with emotions and thoughts about my dad who died 23 years ago on Christmas Morning and my mom who died 27 years ago in November. In my heart I know that they are together in heaven celebrating with Jesus and all those I love who have gone home to glory and that brings peace and comfort to my heart. My heart is also filled with so much gratitude because my parents left us with so many wonderful traditions and family memories, family was everything to them. They always instilled in us a spirit of gratitude and unconditional love, and I am so grateful that never was there ever a time that I talked to my mom or dad that I did not tell them how much I loved them. I was by mom’s side when she drew her last breath and I saw the lov...

Are you ready for 2018? I am, I have a plan......

Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2018,  # the25thhour  MOVEMENT and the year YOU finally find that extra time in the day that you have been looking for! And so much more!! Believe me this is a MOVEMENT and group you do not want to miss and it's FREE!! I’ve teamed up with fellow coaches, others and my mentor, Elizabeth who founded #the25thhour, so that together we can provide YOU with a community of value, inspiration, information, motivation and support to live YOUR best life. And I'm delighted to introduce you to the EXPERTS who are here, along with myself and other coaches to help you! This group ROCKS and I am so excited for what is to come!!!!! And to be able to share it with you!!!  Reach out to me and send me a message if you want more information. Read on to learn more about each one. +++++++++++ Dr. Celeste Hamilton, MSc, PhD “The Energy Expert” @drcelestehamilton Dr. Celeste Hamilton is a certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach an...