Skip to main content

Bearing with the faults of others


Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!!
During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent.
Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section.
And I have been sharing a few of them on my blog, this mornings reflection and prayer was no different.
This is the prayer following the reading from The Imitation of Christ, chapter 16, Bear the defects of others.
“Imprint on my heart, Lord, your admonition to carry the burden of others with patience and understanding. May I fulfill it lovingly for your glory and my salvation. Amen”
Short, sweet and a powerful reminder for me for sure!!
And always my prayer for you and me, today and every day is that all circumstance that are encountered in the course of the day are an opportunity for deeper knowledge of self, understanding and personal development and an opportunity to draw closer in relationship with Jesus Christ and in the process may we all find Joy in the Journey !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  A little break from making St. Joseph's bread for a reflection on keeping my focus on Jesus.

Christmas Eve

  Our Frist Christmas together in Texas - 1982 It's Christmas Eve morning and I am excited for whatever the day brings especially the coming of the birth of Jesus and the blessings and grace that await each new day.  This morning I’m also reflective with emotions and thoughts about my dad who died 23 years ago on Christmas Morning and my mom who died 27 years ago in November. In my heart I know that they are together in heaven celebrating with Jesus and all those I love who have gone home to glory and that brings peace and comfort to my heart. My heart is also filled with so much gratitude because my parents left us with so many wonderful traditions and family memories, family was everything to them. They always instilled in us a spirit of gratitude and unconditional love, and I am so grateful that never was there ever a time that I talked to my mom or dad that I did not tell them how much I loved them. I was by mom’s side when she drew her last breath and I saw the lov...

Are you ready for 2018? I am, I have a plan......

Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2018,  # the25thhour  MOVEMENT and the year YOU finally find that extra time in the day that you have been looking for! And so much more!! Believe me this is a MOVEMENT and group you do not want to miss and it's FREE!! I’ve teamed up with fellow coaches, others and my mentor, Elizabeth who founded #the25thhour, so that together we can provide YOU with a community of value, inspiration, information, motivation and support to live YOUR best life. And I'm delighted to introduce you to the EXPERTS who are here, along with myself and other coaches to help you! This group ROCKS and I am so excited for what is to come!!!!! And to be able to share it with you!!!  Reach out to me and send me a message if you want more information. Read on to learn more about each one. +++++++++++ Dr. Celeste Hamilton, MSc, PhD “The Energy Expert” @drcelestehamilton Dr. Celeste Hamilton is a certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach an...