Skip to main content

Almond Joy Shake - tastes so good, so good, so good!



Last year we had a little fun in the Sousa house on Halloween and for the first time in a few years dressed up!  I love my Batman and he as always was in awesome form.  And I got a great surprise too because I got to wear an outfit that I had purchased a few years before and never really wore because it never quite fit me when I was over 50 lbs heavier.

In anticipation of a night of handing out candy and keeping my own paws out of the candy jar I made healthy alternative Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls and we planned on making an Almond Joy Shake as a treat that night.

It was a success, I managed to make it up to and through Halloween without sampling one candy, brought in all of our leftovers to the office and managed to make it through not having any of the leftover candy.   In large part because of a healthy and postive mindset and resolve to continue living a healthy lifestyle and in having healthy and delicious treats and alternatives on hand.

I will be sharing recipes on my free foodies facebook page Journey with Joy to Good Health

A piece of candy is not a bid deal and John and I indulge from time to time.  But there are times when I don't want to stop at one or I would rather keep pushing towards my goals.  So having healthy alternatives like the recipe for this Almond Joy Shake is perfect for staying on track and getting right back on track if I've done a bit of indulging.  

The last thing I want to do is loose all the ground I have already gained or you might say lost, in my journey to a healthier lifestyle!!  That ground includes more energy, a stronger body, no more type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol, no more medications, a healthier self-image, more confidence in my skin, smaller sized clothes and so many more scale and non-scale victories.   

The recipe for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls  that I got from the Fixate cooking show is in my blog.  And if you want the recipe I got from a Tony Horton video for a delicious shake that tastes just like an Almond Joy and has been our Halloween go to every year since check out the video Halloween Treats with the Caped Crusader and the details below.

Almond Joy Shake - tastes so good, so good, so good!

1 Cup Ice 
1 Cup ( about 8 oz) of Coconut Milk
1 Heaping Tablespoon Almond Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Coconut Extract ( Have substituted Almond Extract as well)
1 Cup Chocolate Shakeology * ( see comments below)

Add all ingredients to the blender and blend well. I typically blend for at least 2 minutes, the volume will increase and the shake comes out so creamy and delicious!!  Don't be afraid to adapt the recipe to your own taste.  

* If you don't have Chocolate Shakeology you can:

Contact me and ask me about it.  I have a limited number of my own Chocolate Shakeology packets that I am willing to send to the first 10 people in the US who reach out and request it.  Shakeology was my game changer, its a full meal replacement with superfoods and dense nutrients that I have been drinking daily for over 3 years.  

I would not recommend it, but you could also try adding another type of chocolate protien powder or maybe even cocoa powder. I am not sure how it would come out. I have never tried it this way nor will I because to me the Shakology makes all the difference, so its a gamble as to how it will come out using anything else.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

  A little break from making St. Joseph's bread for a reflection on keeping my focus on Jesus.

Christmas Eve

  Our Frist Christmas together in Texas - 1982 It's Christmas Eve morning and I am excited for whatever the day brings especially the coming of the birth of Jesus and the blessings and grace that await each new day.  This morning I’m also reflective with emotions and thoughts about my dad who died 23 years ago on Christmas Morning and my mom who died 27 years ago in November. In my heart I know that they are together in heaven celebrating with Jesus and all those I love who have gone home to glory and that brings peace and comfort to my heart. My heart is also filled with so much gratitude because my parents left us with so many wonderful traditions and family memories, family was everything to them. They always instilled in us a spirit of gratitude and unconditional love, and I am so grateful that never was there ever a time that I talked to my mom or dad that I did not tell them how much I loved them. I was by mom’s side when she drew her last breath and I saw the lov...

Are you ready for 2018? I am, I have a plan......

Happy New Year!! Welcome to 2018,  # the25thhour  MOVEMENT and the year YOU finally find that extra time in the day that you have been looking for! And so much more!! Believe me this is a MOVEMENT and group you do not want to miss and it's FREE!! I’ve teamed up with fellow coaches, others and my mentor, Elizabeth who founded #the25thhour, so that together we can provide YOU with a community of value, inspiration, information, motivation and support to live YOUR best life. And I'm delighted to introduce you to the EXPERTS who are here, along with myself and other coaches to help you! This group ROCKS and I am so excited for what is to come!!!!! And to be able to share it with you!!!  Reach out to me and send me a message if you want more information. Read on to learn more about each one. +++++++++++ Dr. Celeste Hamilton, MSc, PhD “The Energy Expert” @drcelestehamilton Dr. Celeste Hamilton is a certified Holistic Health & Wellness Coach an...