Skip to main content

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

This is an awesome recipe from the Fixate cooking show with Autumn Calabrese and her brother Bobby.  I have made these numerous times and they are always a hit. I have also gone a little off script and used some white chocolate to cover some of the peanut butter filling and to also do a dark chocolate with white chocolate drizzle for a dramatic effect.  These are easy to make, taste great and are a fabulous healthier alternative.


INGREDIENTS
Parchment Paper
1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter (only ingredient should be peanuts)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (you can substitute with stevia)
8 oz semisweet chocolate (62% cocoa or higher)
2 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil, unrefined
Directions:

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. 
  2. Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Blend well with a spatula. The mixture will turn in to a dough.
  3. Shape dough into 24 1-inch balls. If dough is sticking to your hands, spray your hands with a little coconut oil spray. Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet and stick a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place in refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes. 
  4. When peanut butter balls are ready, place chocolate and 2 tsp coconut oil in a microwavable bowl. Heat in microwave at 50% power in 30 minute increments until chocolate is just melted. Be sure not to burn the chocolate. 
  5. Remove balls from the refrigerator. Hold each ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to coat. Use a small spoon as needed to help coat each ball. Return the ball to the baking sheet and repeat until all peanut butter balls are covered. 
  6. Place baking sheet back in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened. 
  7. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer. 

Tips:

*You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler, being careful not to get any water into the chocolate as it will seize up.

*To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them, lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil. (You can also use a cookie scoop)

*You can substitute the peanut butter for almond, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.

* I have also on occasion used white chocolate chips to cover some of the peanut butter balls and then alternately drizzled some of the white chocolate over the dark chocolate covered balls for a dramatic and festive effect.

* You can coat appleslices, banana slices, pineapple rings, orange and kiwi slices and of course strawberries with left over chocolate.

* Serving Size: 1 ball = 1 YELLOW and 1 Tsp according to color coded portion control plan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.