Skip to main content

I have my quirks.....



A few years ago I was talking with someone who was very much in to health and nutrition, juicing and making their own natural remedies.
We got on the subject of water and he said that "cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment but can thrive in an acidic one". He said he only drinks water with a Ph level of 7 or above and it got me thinking. It also caught my attention because I have a spiritual Father who has for years promoted an alkaline rich diet. So I started to do a bit more research and came to the conclusion that there isn't much scientific data to conclude or make that statement that he made, but there is enough evidence to suggest that keeping a Ph level that is non acidic and more Alkaline contributes to overall better health.
And I love my water and have long before I met Ilana and so a few years ago I started making little changes. So if you know me, like my beloved does, you know that I am a water snob. I refuse to drink Dasani and will opt for anything but, I keep Fiji by my bed and I drink it first thing in the morning and at night before I got to bed ( yes, I drink water before bed) and for economical reasons its usually belmont or poland springs. I have no interest in any of these companies by the way, I'm just sharing my routine.
And I love ( though I often suffer through drinking it down) my power greens because they not only get me a full plus serving of veggies, that I can drink in an instant, they help maintain an alkaline Ph.
My friends food is fuel, water is life, we need both. Make good choices, make the best ones for you, your lifestyle, your nutrition and health needs and goals and of course your budget.
My point, dig in, do some research, arm yourself with knowledge and be your own best advocate.
I kicked my high diabetic levels to the curb by changing my diet, my routine, adding exercise and changing my lifestyle. If I am not vigilant in keeping up these healthy changes I can be back there in an instant.
It is all about making choices. And i's about loving and caring enough about myself to take good and precious care of myself.
Because when I make the choices that are mindful and loving to the body I have been given, I am not being selfish I am being self-caring and there is BIG difference.
Making the self-caring choices that align with being my best and healthiest self, and taking care of me, means that I am able to serve others, to care for others and do for others in ways I am not able when I'm not at my physical best. When I am at strong in my body, confident in my skin, I am capable of doing so much more. I can serve others and rise to the daughter of God that I was created to be, the woman, the friend, the sister, the leader the student.
And being the student this morning I found this quick video thought it was a great way to illustrate the Ph in water.
How did I get to this from sharing about what water I drink...... well it's all connected right? And one roles right in to the other, mind, body, soul and spirit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.