Skip to main content

Out of the fog and into the light





"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit,
who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own; you were bought at a price.
Therefore honor God with your bodies."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I’ve been off track, out of my groove and indulging in too many treats. I know because of how my body feels and because my scale tells me that I am up 7.9 pounds. Frankly I’m shocked I’m not up 20 pounds.
I’m not lamenting or complaining, I don’t feel bad and its not anything that is going to hold me back from continuing to move forward, I’m sharing simply to hold myself accountable and be transparent.
I’m not at all concerned because my mindset is strong and in a very different place than it was years ago when something like this would have had a whole different reaction.
It’s life, it happens. I’m a big girl and I’ve come a long way and I have all the tools and knowledge in my tool belt that I need to get my balance back. And most of all, I’m committed to making the changes to some of the old habits I’ve allowed myself to slip into during these crazy times we’re in.
It’s really pretty simple. And it’s even moreso when you have a badass group of warriors that are in it with you!!
I love the ladies in our Joy in the Journey group, they are sisters, friends and pilgrims on a similar journey of love and faith and good health.
This perspective comes after waking this morning around 5:30 am in a pool of sweat, not unusual for a woman my age, and with a pounding headache. I messaged my group telling them I wasn’t going to make our standing Saturday morning chat at 9am. I felt awful.
I realized that the headache may be from being dehydrated and so I got up, ate a banana for a kick of potassium and drank down a good helping of water. Then laid back down to try and sleep.
Since I couldn’t sleep I started to scroll through a mindset group I recently joined on Facebook. Before I knew it the headache was gone and rather than lay in bed and waste the morning and miss my group I had the motivation I needed to get my butt out of bed and onto the bowflex for a short burst of cardio before my shower.
No hero here, I’ve had a lot of back pain lately, I did an intense few minutes to bring up my cardio, quit when my back pain kicked in, hit the shower and made myself some licorice root tea, fresh squeezed grapefruit over ice, yogurt with museli and a nice jug of water and headed to the office to show up for myself and my group.
And before I went on line, I connected with my beloved, we made plans for getting back to better sleeping habits, meal prep, exercise and working out.
I also got on the scale, pulled out my tracker and made a list of daily goals that I will tackle one day at a time, one baby step if I need to.
Bottom line I have a plan. And I was able to share that with my group.
Easy, of course not.
Doable, absolutely!!
It’s all about baby steps, listening to my body, keeping a strong mindset and focusing on my goals. And always always finding Joy in the Journey!
And what a great call we had, we are all on the same page and the feedback we share is helpful to all of us. We came up with a plan to remember and revive our WHY and a plan to tackle our GOALS together this summer.
Because that’s what we do, we support and encourage each other, help each other remain accountable, persevere and help each other be the best version of ourselves that we were created to be.
It feels good to have a timeline, a plan, a group of accountability partners and the commitment to reach my goals.
I was created for a beautiful purpose, my body is a temple created by God and I want to serve those I love and to care for my body in a way that honors my creator and that helps me to be the woman that He has created me to be.   
I am grateful for the turn of events this morning, its like coming out of the fog and into the bright beautiful light!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.