Skip to main content

A memory I will never forget!




Hard to believe this was 10 years ago, where does the time go....

I was in awe and drenched from the mist!! The roar of the water and gushing of the falls was deafening and the spray of the mist was so powerful it came down in a constant turret!!

Truly one of the most awe inspiring and majestic experiences I have every witnessed!! There were many areas along the catwalk to stop and take in the beauty of the falls. It was pure grace that I found myself alone at the edge of one of the platforms nearest the falls, head, face, heart and hands lifted in awe and praise to God for the majesty of His Wonder as the mist gushed down over me. A most powerful experience!!

I didn't want to leave but everyone was already up at least two tiers away and so I had to force myself to leave.....for me it was the best part of the Cave of the Winds!!!

Niagara Falls is awe inspiring and amazing and it was a blessed family trip. And a big note to self for next trip to Niagara, bring a waterproof camera and take the Cave of the Winds tour without a group so we can stay there for hours if we want to!!

Funny thing is I had never had a burning desire to visit Niagara Falls. Now after having been, I am so grateful that we went and can't wait to go back!!

Isn't it amazing how things work out, we initially chose to go the Niagara Falls because my bonus daughter Emily had a fascination with Canada and always wanted to go there. So the the first holiday and long weekend a month after we got back from our honeymoon, we decided to get her close to Canada by taking her to Niagara Falls while we worked on getting her a passport so we could eventually take her to Canada.

Niagara Falls is breathtaking and awe-inspiring and if you ever have the chance to go, I pray that you do. I don't think it matters which side you see it from, it is ALL beautiful.

And things always work out. The following year my sister gave me a generous gift of a week using their time share for my birthday, my choice wherever I wanted to go. I found a great place in Mont Tremblant, Canada. So with passports in hand we took a fabulous family trip to Canada the following July.

Mont Tremblant is awesome in its own right, it was a wonderful trip, but the majesty of Niagara Falls can never be matched!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.