Skip to main content

Productive Tension - Bring It On!!

Can anyone guess what I am reading these days?

Do you read or listen to audiobooks? What's your current jam?

I heard this quote this morning while listening to my new audiobook....,,here's your que, name that book.....and it's been stirring up all kinds of ideas.

Well maybe it's this quote or maybe it's the leggings I'm wearing today! I seem to get this big bold go for it freedom every time I wear them 🌺. Ask my beloved 💕 or maybe it's the hint of spring in the air.

Or maybe it's a combination of it all.

Whatever it is I know this:

🌼 All things are possible with God.
🌼 Trust, surrender and faith is a compass I cannot live without and that I must look to and practice daily and sometimes every 60 seconds.
🌼 Life is precious and too short
🌼 His grace and blessings are everywhere, even when I miss seeing them, they are there!
🌼 Freedom of time with my beloved and family and those we love is my driving force
🌼 A vision, plan, desire and wanting or wishing doesn't make things happen, no matter what it is, ACTION and consistency does.
🌼 Serving others always brings me outside of myself, provides perspective, helps me grow and reminds me that I am part of a larger community.
🌼 There is a grace and gift in living each day with mindful intention and purpose. I just need to tap into it and remind myself of it every day!
🌼 Change can be uncomfortable. Even just thinking about change can sometimes freeze me into inaction. Anyone else ever feel that way?
🌼 Fear is powerful, it can paralyze or motivate, I prefer the latter
🌼 Productive tension is good, it can make me move and get things done. And that has been resounding in my ears all day!!

I could write so much more, sorry I know this is a bit long, then again sorry, not so sorry.

Why?

Because something clicked this morning and instead of retreating to my comfort zone I am stepping out!

And why not?

It's my birthday month and although not a milestone year for the books, it's already feeling like it's going to be a milestone year for making bold strides towards some pretty powerful dreams!

Life is too short not to wear those bold leggings, dream BIG, take action and step responsibly out of my comfort zone!

I know, does the "responsibly" added above make you chuckle, me too! But some things are set in stone, responsible I have always been and I think responsible I always will be, but with a little wild side peeking out now and again, wink wink!

Any other dreamers out there? Can ya feel me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.