Skip to main content

Joy is always there, sometimes we need to look harder for it!


Sometimes best laid plans.........have to wait!

Had a tickle in my throat the whole way home that turned into a full fledged sore throat last night.

The kind that had me up gargling with warm Himalayan salted water twice during the middle of the night.

Stuffy head, body aches, chills, a sore neck, pounding head, horribly raw and sore throat and coughing up phlegm are my welcome home from NOLA.

Thanks to an early morning shot of NyQuil from my thoughtful beloved I was able to get a few hours sleep this morning. It's only taken the edge off the throat, coughing and exhaustion but I am grateful for any inroad. 

Next year in addition to heading over a few days ahead to Indianapolis we are leaving the day after to give us time to absorb and rest! We already got our tickets and are excited to see what the year brings and who else will be joining us in Indy!

My body may be reacting to this cold,bug, flu or whatever it is, but my fighting spirit is intact and I am mulling over all the many many take always of the leadership summit and  thinking of the things that I can do to better serve the people I am blessed to work with.

This morning after realizing getting more sleep and release from this cough was futile I started by setting our bed to zero gravity and bringing in my calendar and notes to do a little planing and work. It was short lived.

There is much to do, messages to return, challengers and customers to touch base with, and a kick a$$ plan to get out for my accountability group that starts with prep week on the 24th!

Chatting with people or even doing a live video or post today with my sore, scratch and hoarse throat isn't possible. I promise I will follow up soon.

Now it's time for a little rest with my beloved as we soak up some Vitamin D in the backyard oasis and enjoy our superfood shake filled with vitamins.  

My shake not only feels amazing on my sore throat but gives my body the nutrients it needs and that I count on to fight this stinky summer cold/bug/flu!!

And lookie here what came in the mail while we were away....baby, it's Joy in the Journey all the way.  

Truth be told, the way my body feels right now sucks. Accepted.  

But that does not have to dictate my mindset or attitude! No way!

Taking care of myself and keeping my mindset healthy and dare I say joyful till my body follows suit!

Want to join my next accountability group? Reach out to me 📲.

I promise I don't bite, I won't cough on you and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I can assure you this, our group will cover lots more than the basics of meal plans, meal prep, tips, nutrition, weight loss and maintenance, workout programs and all the rest.... we are diving deep and into so much more.


Want to find Joy in the Journey? Then let's do this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.