Skip to main content

Ready for some fun?


I am passionate about my journey to live a healthier lifestyle with balance and moderation.  I am also passionate about my mission to help others who want to do the same. If you too are making healthy changes or have tried in the past then you know first hand that its not always easy to do.  It takes intention, purpose, commitment and heck of a lot of effort.  

And it all starts with a DECISON.  

I am not a health and fitness expert or a nutition guru.  I am a woman on a mission to be the best version of me that I can be and in the process I have lost weight, become stronger and more fit, mind, body, spirit and soul, I am off all medications for Type 2 Diabetes and High Cholesterol having reversed my diabetes and no longer have high cholesterol. I've lost over 50 pounds and kept it off for over two years because I am living a lifestyle today and not a diet.  I've still got a long way to go, but I'm not in a race because I'm realistic and this is not a passing fad but a lasting and sustainable way of life. 

If you are looking to make a change, adapt healthier habits, lose weight, gain more energy and become more active I can help.  

I was thinking back years ago and how I used to feel before I started holding myself accountable and making simple changes that have made a world of difference in not only my life but the life of my beloved and my family because of a much healthier me.

You see, I know what it feels like to be uncomfortable in my skin, to prefer to stand rather than sit in a chair because in the back of my mind I was afraid  the chair would collapse under my over 300 pound frame.  I used to fret and worry about how I looked in clothes and try on several outfits only to end up back in the loose baggy clothes that I knew fit and hid the "imperfections" or so I thought.  Even in suits and professional clothes I knew on the outside looked professional and nice, I always felt self-concious.  I tried every "diet" in the book, lost tons of weight and gained it all back as soon as the "diet" was over. Until a few years ago I had never been able to lock in a healthy balance in my home cook, foodie spirit lifestyle.  So maintaining weight loss in the past was always a problem.   


If you have struggled to lose 5 lbs or 100 lbs you know exactly what I am talking about.  5 or 100 does'nt matter when we don't feel confident in our skin, when the jeans are too tight and we can't find a thing to wear because nothing fits right.  When you go on a "crash" diet to lose a few pounds, feel great and then put it all back on and then some.  Has that ever happened to you?

When I started this journey it wasn't about the fit of the jeans, the clothes or the number on the scale.  It was my health plain and simple. I was in a health crisis that I created by avoiding the issues I was having for years or doing anything but paying lip service to making changes.  And I knew without a doubt because of the issues that I was having that if I did'nt make changes I was going to be dealing with a number of side effects from the diabetes and who knows what.  I have an amazing life, a wonderful husband, family and circle of friends, a community of faith and so much more.  Life is precious and fleeting and we never know what tomorrow holds or what we will face, but I knew I wanted to be not skinny, but strong and fit to be around God willing to enjoy the blessings in my life.  And so I made a decision and I have never looked back.

It's not all sunshine and roses.  I have had my share both of of over-indulgences and falling off track and crushing a program with amazing success.  A few extra pounds here and there with vacations, celebrations and holidays that immediately come right back off when I get right back on track and that I can maintain with balance and moderation in living a healthy lifestyle and not a diet.  From my all or nothing past, maintenance is a new concept I am embracing.  I said it's nto about the number on the scale or the size of the clothes but how I feel in my skin.  It's being healthier, stronger and more fit, moving easier, breathing easier, having more flexiblity and endurance to do things and that spreads more confidence in every aspect of my life.  And if I can rock those leggings, fit comfortable in those jeans, and fit every more snugly in my belvoeds arms, you better bet that is all icing on my occasionaly indulgent cake!!

Because when I am taking care of my body I not only feel good in my skin, more confident, fit and stronger.  I have so much more energy to do all the things I need to get done in the day. Feeling good and more importantly healthy impacts every aspect of my life and the life I want to live with my beloved and my family.

I know that 100% accountability to a program, start to finish does wonders for my mindset and confidence, proves that I am stronger than I think and best of all gets the best results.  I also know that are people out there just like me and I want you to know that if I can do it, you can do it too. 

The vicorties on the scale are great, but more than that for me is the non-scale victories, most especially that I have achieved in getting off medications.  I still have a long way to go.  It took years and layers of "life" to gain the weight and it's going to take time to get my body down to where it is meant to be.  I'm good with that because its a lifestyle and continue on the journey.

I would love for you to join me.  I would love to help you figure out what it is that works for you.  

If you are worried about being too busy to food prep, think of all the "stuff" you tend to eat when you don't plan ahead or prepare.  I will teach you how to prep and prepare and if you make the time to do that, and have your meals and snacks ready to go that works with your schedule you will find that time or busy schedules are not an issue.

If you are worried about cost, I get it, I was too, John and I had to figure things out to make it work for us and our budget.  When we took a look at the money we were spending on unhealthy meals out, lunches, drive through coffee's, vitamins we never took, food we purchased and did not prepare as we intended, and all the medications that we were talking it was an easy to see where we needed to make changes.  And we made them preferring healthier options and good nutrition which resulted in my case on savings on medications for issues that went away.    

If you are worried about time it will take, it does take time.  It means making YOU a priority. Getting in that "ME" time.  It's not selfish, it's selfcaring and YOU are worth it.  And instead of thinking of the time you lose, think about the time and the energy you'll gain which in turn results in being more fully present for those we love and to do the things we are called to do.
Bottom line for me is that I am determined to do all that I can to be as healthy as I can be to enjoy it and to make the changes that are in MY control to make.  So I figure it out, in our group we challenge each other and hold each other accountable and we figure it out and in the end we find the time to do the things we know we need to do.

If you are serious about making changes, ready to drop the excuses, willing to commit 100% to a program for 3 weeks to get and see real results than I want to help.  What works for me may not work for you.  No worries, I can help you find what works for you.  But I can't do it for you.  That my friend is all up to YOU and your willingness to put skin in the game.  But if you are serious and willing to do what it takes and the things that you need to do in order to make the changes YOU say you want, then I can you.

Our journey is no cookie cutter and one size does not fit all. Some of us need to lose significant weight to feel better and get healthier, others 10-15 lbs and others want to maintain and maybe tone and do a little sculpting. Good news is there is something for everyone with a TON of amazing programs that can be done in the comfort of your own home with amazing trainers and me as your coach.

I am excited because a new program launched recently, it has gotten AMAZEBALLS results!!  I mean off the charts!!  I did a sneak peek workout and followed most of it with a few modifications. Best part was that I completed the workout. And I have seen incredible results from friends who have been in the test group for the program. Serious results.

BUT, and here is the big but for me, I know that some of the workouts in the new program my body may not be ready for YET. Even with a modifier beacuse I have longstanding back and neck issues. And more recently knee issues.  But having done one of the workouts and having made a few simple modificaitons I know that it's doable. And as I get stronger and more flexible will be able to do those things I can't do yet.

I am jumping in to get my next round of results and I was thinking about my challengers and everyones various needs.  So I decided to create a totally unique THREE WEEK program with our proven variety of workouts and nutrition plans that are designed to get results. 

I know that when I combine exercise with superfoods, good nutrition, a moderate and balanced lifestyle, not a diet, and a healthy mindset I GET RESULTS.

How will it work?

CALENDAR: I will post a workout calendar for the three weeks. Each day will have two workout options that are comparable. One that is beginner, the other more advanced. And we will feature the new program that is getting amazing results as a daily option.  You choose the program you feel will work for you that day depending on your ability, comfort level and individual needs. There will also be a challenge of the day option that you can choose as the workout or a second one if you want it!  I am not a fan of working out, I sometimes have to really push myself to do it, but I do it, and do it because of the way it makes me feel.  And the support of a group can sometimes make all the difference in getting it done.

NUTRITION: We are going to follow a simple meal plan. I will post a suggested menu plan and shopping list for each of the three weeks. Keeping it basic, simple and affordable. But it will be designed to get maximin results if you stick to it!

FOOD PREP: Cooking and food prep is my jam!!  I am going to FOOD PREP LIVE one day during each of the three weeks. You can join me on the live video or tune in later when you get a chance to get tips and ideas for that week. I encourage you to join in so I can answer your questions on the spot and if you have done your shopping, we can food prep together! It will be like I'm in your kitchen with you helping you. How cool will that be!!

MINDSET: Daily personal development helps me form and keep a positive attitude and healthy mindset and that goes a long way in helping me stay focused, positive and on track in my health journey, my business and every day life. I will provide a THREE week food for the soul quote, devotional, podcast or inspirational video that will help us to develop an attitude of gratitude, reach beyond our limiting self-beliefs, recognize our worth and celebrate our journey.

COMMUNITY: I know it's not always easy and comfortable to share, to be vulnerable, and to participate. And there is always that element of "being too busy, not enough time" I know, I feel it too. But for this THREE weeks I am going to ask you to make a commitment, let go of excuses, trust me and the process and fully engage, participate and check in with our private online group.

WHY: Well our desire to be healthy and fit, maybe to lose weight, find balance and moderation, live a healthier and more fulfilling lifestyle may be all the DRIVE or the WHY we need to keep us going. But that WHY is not always so easily identifiable. Have you ever started something, been gung ho and all in only to give up or slack off or lose drive and momentum a few days in? I have, I know that feeling all too, I have experienced that struggle. The key is tapping into YOUR WHY, that one thing that is going to keep you going, and pushing and moving to achieve your goal. It kind of ties into the mindset we will be working on. It may be the missing peice you need to make that all important shift which is where the real change begins to happen. One on one I will help you figure it out and keep you accountable. And you and me will set up a plan and a method that will work best for you.

PREPARATION: This is key. Our program is three weeks of nutrition and workouts and ONE week of preparation. Together we will start our prep week on July 24th and will walk through every step to get set up, shopping and food prepped for our July 31st start date.

INCENTIVE: Sometimes a little incentive makes things fun. We are going to have three challenges, one a week and tie breakers if we need them. At the end of the three weeks the winner will get a prize. Still mulling over what that might be, but it will be good!!

I am committed to growing and learning so that I can be the best version of me and so that I can help those who want to join me on the journey. Is that YOU?

I have a small group that is ready to start prep week with me on Monday.   I am so excited to do this, I think it will be fun, unique and best of all a great way to stay on track and move towards our goals.  I know what it feels like to make a change that impacts your life in such a positive way and I want to pay it forward and help others who want that too!

So what do you think?
If you have questions reach out 📲, I may get a bit sassy now and again, did you see me sassing it up on the streets of New Orleans last week, but I promise I don't bite 😄

We start preparing on Monday.  

If your going to join in, we need to connect so send me a message or go to the link here to join my multi program challenge group and I'll follow up with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.