Skip to main content

Our hearts always remember!

This video makes my heart smile wide, brings tears of joy in having been blessed to call Maria Angela my mom and makes me miss her and everything about her all the more.

Some may think that after close to 20 years of her being in heaven the loss may not cut so deep. But anyone who as lost someone they love will tell you, grief come in many stages and the loss never ever ever goes away. Over time it may ebb and flow in its course and at other times, in an instant the loss can feel as fresh as if it just happened.

Perhaps its because our hearts remember, and the memory of those we love are etched into our souls and will never be far from our thoughts. They are and forever will be a part of the fabric of our lives and thier fragrance lingers and at times may be stronger than others. As time marches on, circumstances change, things happen and events come and go different layers of grief and acceptance arrive, and mourning, remembrance and loss are sometimes peeled back and another layer is exposed.

I am so grateful for the grace of my faith. It gives me the assurance that I will be reunited with those I love, that they are cradled in the arms of the Lord and at peace. And it is through the eyes of faith I have found and continue to find hope, joy, peace and comfort.

It is my human condition that sometimes misses her like it was yesterday and longs once again to hear the sound of her voice and her laugh. I miss her words of sage wisdom, experience and encouragement. My mom was as authentic, real and as down to earth as it gets, she could cut through all the "stuff" and get right to heart of any situation. Her advise was gold, without judgement, condition and always loving and life-giving. And I miss her stories and expressive gestures told in her broken english with her little italian accent. She was so funny in her way, and I don't think she ever intended to be, she just knew how to make you smile.

Most of all I miss hearing her say in her italian accent "I love you my baby" and "you my baby". No doubt about it, I was her baby coming along when she and my dad thought they were done having children. That is until I was born when their youngest of three, my sister Anna was 13 and at the age of 40 my mom gave birth to me, her change of life baby and their unexpected surprise.

It was a blessing to come along so late. My parents were older and more or less retired when I was growing up I had the blessing of time with them. And the blessing of older and established siblings.

Memories.....they are priceless!

This video brought a great big smile of love to my heart.

She is too adorable for words and how thankful I am to the Lord for giving me the gift of this amazing woman for my mother.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.