Skip to main content

BELIEF




I am resiting the tempation to write a long post with this. Anyone remember the long posts I used to write when I first started sharing my journey?

I could say it all again, but I'm an open book, so if you have questions, what to know what I am doing, want to know my story, just ask.

What I will say, is that when that picture on the left was taken I was lacking in self-esteem, self-confidence and in BELIEF in myself. I clung to the old status quo, gave up too easily when working on myself and allowed far too many excuses to direct the course of my ship, my rudder was rusty and I was too worn weary to learn how to sail.

These days, well sometimes I still battle with confidence, but I'm no longer afraid to sit on a plastic or flimsy chair for fear that I will break it, I can fit into spaces I could never have fit before, I can buckle up on the airplane wihtout an extra seat belt, and I can get up and down off the floor on my own and actually get up and down where before I would avoid getting down on the floor at all costs, and that just tips the scale to the many non scale victories that taking better care of my health has brought, Because you know me and the number on the scale means nothing to me, its how I feel in my skin that makes the difference. And sometime I still want to slide back into excuses, and trust me there are so many excuses I could use. But I choose to press on, and to do hard things, things I did'nt think I was capable of doing, things in the past I may not have even tried. Personal development and a shift in my mindset has a lot to do with it. But I think the real difference is BELIEF in myself and finding my purpose, mission and passion. And together with my beloved choosing to live a healhty and fulfilling lifestyle with intention and purpose.

Dreams and visions that once seemed out of reaach are on the horizon and every day we inch closer to being the best version of ourselves that we were created to be. Every day we continue to learn and to grow. That growth is not accidental, its intentional.

Eleanor Roosevelt said that "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is exprssed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and shape ourselves."

Sobering and so true isn't it?

One of my favorite personal development guru's is John C. Maxwell he says" Growth doesn't just happen- not for me, not for you, not for anybody. You have to go after it!"

That's what we are doing and I'm right here to help if you want to join us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.