Skip to main content

I get it!

My first thought when I see this picture is pure love. I adore these two beautiful women.

My second thought is how quicly beautiful sweet Gracie is growing from such a beautiful, thoughful, kind and gentle young girl into one of the most amazing young women I know. She makes me a very proud auntie.

And then I see my sister Marlene, she has given up facebook for lent so she won't see this for a bit, but I can't tell you how amazing this woman is, and if you know her, well then you know what I'm talking about a more beautiful and loving soul you will not find. She is a treasured friend and sister of my heart and I am so grateful to Jesus for bringing us together.


And finally I see the pictures as a whole. The three of us on family sleigh ride that I coordinated back in 2015, what a glorious day we had at a beautiful farm with a sleigh ride and time around the campfire with hot dogs, hot chocolat and toasting marshmellows.

With the bulk of the weight I was carrying I was self-concious and not very comfortable in my skin, everything was tight and being bundled up from the cold made moving an effort let alone climbing on and off the carriage. None of that took away from the beauty of the day and time together with those I love, but my weight was certainly a factor in everything I did. At the time I was on 4 metformin a day for Type 2 diabetes, and refusing to take the high cholesterol meds I was prescribed. I was dealing with the effects of neuropathy, so painful and numbing in my toes and a whole host of ailments and issues. The only thing I was was doing was sporadiclly drinking Shakeology which was helping my digestion, giving me bit more energy and helping me to curb cravings. It would be a good three months before I would finally pick up a program, start to follow a healthy nutrition plan and press play on a workout.

Fast forward to this January, and over two and a half solid years off ALL meds, no neuropathy, rocking programs and workouts and doing things I never dreamed I was capable of doing and though the scale might say I've lost well over 50 lbs, I have no idea beacuse I never went near a scale back then and did'nt start weighing myself until after I noticed I was losing weight. But you know me, I could care about the scale, I live in the non-scale victory world, that world is real, it affects how easily I breath, how I feel in my clothes, how my body feels and the strength and flexibility that I have gained.

So when facebook reminded me of this event in Febraury 2015 and flashed this picture and ton others at me, I not only can feel the difference, I can see it!

This is'nt a quick fix, its a lifestyle that lasts, that works and that can change your life and open doors you never dreamed you would ever want to walk through.

I am so grateful I trusted, I took that first step and look at me now baby, I'm running and dang proud of myself, not in a braggy way, in job well done and keep going way.

If you got through reading this, thank you.

If something resonates with you, please share it.

If you know you need to make changes in your life and you want accounability, message me and join me on the journey.

If you just don't know what you want to do, but know you need to do something, PM or call me, there is no harm in talking,

I don't bite and I'm not interested in "selling" you anything, what I will do is get to know what it is that you are lookng to do, share what has worked for me, and help you find what is the best path for you and your personal needs.

It's pretty simple, we usually already know for ourselves what we need, but
taking that first step is not always so easy and talking it out and having someone who understands is sometimes all we need.

And if you've gotten nothing else from what I've shared, just look at the pictures, I get it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.