Skip to main content

Crashing the comfort zone





I am in a exclusive Coach test group with a world class fitness trainer. This experience as a coach, mentor and as a woman looking to manage her own health goals has been beyond my wildest dreams.

And in a million years I never would believe that I would share these pictures in a public post, but if ONE person finds the courage to START thier journey, to reach out to me, to know that they are not alone and that they can do hard thinigs too and that they too can be the best version of themselves that they want to be, then it is totally worth sharing so vulnerable of a post.

And I say BRINGIT ON!

I have been into this for 26 days and am a third of the way through, this is simply the end of phase 1.

I was asked on the first day if there was something that I wanted to fit into by the time this program was over. I have had a pair of yoga pants sitting in my closet for over two years. Shortly after I started my journey ust over three years ago I purchased a pair of yoga pants. I couldn't get them over my thights or up at all. Threw them in my closet and although I have lost weight since then, I still couold not get them on fully.

After I was asked the question, I went and got the pants and put them on, the fact tht I actually got them past my thighs was a miracle. And I got them over my belly, well kind of, they were pulling down and rolling and the crotch ( yes TMI) was between my thights because they would not go all the way up. That was Day 1. I posted a video, most vulnerable I have been, but you know what, it was time for me to step out of my comfort zone and I did.

This morning I tried them on, they pulled right up, they fit like a glove and I achieved the goal I had set out to accomplish at the end of 80 days in 26 days. The scale says I lost 8 pounds. Who cares, the scale does not tell the whole story.

I've not only dialed in my nutrition, but I have been a bada$$ lifting and increasing my weights, keeping up with the workouts, modifying when I needed to and never quiting, giving up or bellyaching, okay maybe I yelled at the screen and the trainer a few times, but I got it done and have been busting my tail to do hour long workouts every day for 26 days. So I also lost 10 inches.

The small non-scale victories, make the HUGH differences in our lives.

So this morning I did second video and was a little emotional. It's a big deal. My body, the way I feel in my clothes and the fact that those yoga pants FIT and that I planned to ROCK them in my workout later that morning, yea, it spoke VOLUMES!!

And by the way, I ROCKED that workout, in those yoga pants I cound'nt fit into 26 days ago. And yes, my beloved will tell you I did not want to take my shower and take them off. But I did :-)

Friends, this is not easy, anything worth having rarely is and there is not one sure fire way to get it done, one size does NOT fit all, and its not a cookie cutter journey.....I have come to KNOW these facts.

What I have also come to KNOW is that a no excuses mindset, personal accountability, BELIEF, setting my intention and following throughon it, holding myself accountable and having the accountability, encouragement and resources that are available when you work with a coach and within a community are invaluabel to making changes.

They are just as important as consistency, getting right back up instead of wallowing in the mire when I fall. I have accepted that I am not perfect and I will accept nothing less than having fun and finding joy in the journey.

I am puroseful about seeking personal growth and development and digging deep to find the motivation that keeps me going and I have come to recognize that I am limitless and I can do hard things, even things I don't think I can do.

I celebrate the small victories and I look beyond the scale to the changes that I know WILL happen, mind, body, soul and spirit when I make a choice to go ALL IN AND COMMIT 100%.

I'm nothing special, but I am amazing and totally worth it. And so ARE YOU. And if I can do this and make these changes in my life and so many more ( off all medications for type 2 Diabetes and High Cholesterol) than you can TOO.

And I can help you!

So are you that ONE person this speaks to?

Do you want to see what is possible for YOU?

And are you courageous enough to drop the excuses, set priorities, lean in and work for what you want and at the same time serve others?

If that's you, I'd love to work with you and I would love to help you figure out what will work for YOU so that I can witness, share and celebrate with YOUR small victories along YOUR journey.

Join me in this next phase, let's do this next phase together ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.