Skip to main content

Feeling Fabulous!

Day 12 of 21

And I am feeling fabulous!

I wish that I had great words of wisdom to share on this 12th day of the reset.  But none come to mind.  Except that we are all in, 100%  committed and going strong!

We spent some time today getting food prepared for the week and we are looking forward to starting our third week on Wednesday.

Losing weight has been amazing, this journey has been an eyeopener in so many ways and I will share it all with you.  And I think we are well on our way to a number of new habits.  But I will be grateful to not have to look at a book to tell me what is on the menu today.

Although having said that, there is and has been a great deal of value not having to think about the menu and just folloiwing it. But I will be glad to get back to our routine with a number of modications thanks to the reset.

On the menu today:
We are loving the fruit platter in the morning

Hearty Vegetable Miso Soup, dinner last night
is also on the lunch menu for today

Microgreen salad with roasted raw pumpkin seeds


 Can't even begin to tell you the number of hearty italian sunday dinners have been had at this table.  Sunday dinner today did not have pasta, meatballs, cutlets or any number of the things that have often been on our Sunday menu.  

Today was all about eating to fuel our bodies with food that will help us reset our bodies to thier optimim operating level and all in all it was quite tasty!

Snack today as a vegan tropical strawberry shakeology with some cinamonon and chia seeds.  It was good.

Tonight's menu is marinated roasted beets, coconut collard greens and toasted millet.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.