Skip to main content

Day 1 of 21 is in the books!

Well Day 1 of 21 of our Ultimate Reset is in the books!!

Our morning started out a bit hectic taking our before pictures, measurements and weight and so we got a later start than planned, but you know things happen so you make do and roll with it. We did and we still stuck to the program, got in a delicious breakfast and out of the house on time so it all worked out.

I am not a fan of taking pills so the whole supplements part of this reset is probably my least favorite.  Not taking the supplements thy are awesome, its taking the pills I don't like.  I think that is one of the reasons I love my Shakeology so much.  I get all my vitamins from drinking my shake and I love not having to take pills anymore.  But you know what, I can do anything for 21 days.  So I am sucking them down.

I am a bit surprised that I have not had a harder time giving up my coffee.  I have not had it in close to a week.  I miss it and I really missed it when I walked in the office today and one of the ladies was making a fresh brewed cup of coffee, oh my it smelled so good.  But I am good with that too and I am learning to live without it and adapting to my new drink of choice these days, distilled water with minerals.  We have not added cucumber or lemon yet, but I know that will be coming soon.

John and I both loved our breakfast of scrambled eggs, steamed spinach and whole grain toast.   Well maybe that was a stretch, my beloved does not like whole grain toast so that was not a favorite for him and we both missed our spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic ( yes, even at breakfast, we love garlic).  But we stuck to plan and my guy is a trooper, he suffered down the toast.  So breakfast gets a thumbs up!

Lunch was crazy, so much food. Miso soup, microgreen salad and toasted pumpkin seeds. I made our lunches and snacks and had our bags pack last night so it was so easy to take out of the refrigerator and bring to work.

I have a love hate relationship with salads. I can only eat so much and then I get sick of them and need variety.  But this one today was pretty good.  I loved the addition of the jicama, but I would have liked more dressing and maybe a bit of chicken.  But  hey this is a cleanse after all!  Not that you can tell by the amount of food that is on the menu every day.   

Taking supplements aside, my least favorite part of today may have been the afternoon super greens. I love my super green boosts and we get them every month and put them in our Shakeology along with the focused energy boost.  But this was the first time I took it with just water.  It tastes like greens, kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, oh yea, that is what's in it.  I used 6 oz of water and drank it straight down. I figure that I  can totally manage this for 21 days.  Like it, hell no way, manage it, hell yes, I got this!!

Best part of the day by far was my snack of fresh raspberries with Greek yogurt and touch of cinnamon.  And it was wonderful as the snack comes after the super green break.

It was a bit of a cluster by the time we got home. And I had to put together dinner as well as get things ready for the rest of the week.  But dinner was totally worth it, delicious salmon, boiled potatoes and steamed lemony asparagus!  We both ate every bite.

Our salads for tomorrows lunch are in the fridge and waiting as is our breakfast, all set and ready to do. I want to stay ahead in our planning to be sure that we are following the program as close as possible.  

Overall it was a great first day.  Had it's moments but I don't feel like I am starving and I was pretty much satisfied with the food.  I really needed this, I was looking forward to it and at the same time intimidated by it.  But now that I am doing it, it does not feel intimidating at all. The meals are all planned out, everything is scheduled and its easy to follow.  Best part, it feels awesome to commit 100% and to be ALL IN! 

There is a little bracelet that is part of the kit. You wear it every day as a reminder of your "why".  

It's also a reminder of my commitment and that I am doing this, because I want to be the healthiest version and the woman that I was created by the Lord to be. It is so much more than jump starting my weight loss to another 50 pounds, staying off medications and living a healthy lifestyle.

I want to enjoy this precious gift of life every single moment I have the grace to draw breath. And to enjoy every moment of the precious gift I have been given in my beloved and so together, in good health, mind, body, spirit and soul I can do what I am called to do, serve in the way I am called to serve and to help others along the way.   













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.