Skip to main content

I am looking forward to a TUNE UP from the inside out!

On Wednesday John and I will be starting a 21 Day nutritional cleanse and it could not be coming at a better time.  

I had planned to blog and share about the shopping and meal prep and planning but am getting off to a slow start.     

Mainly because I have not been feeling well.  I have a sore & painful neck and have been fighting a severe headache and low grade migraine for the past few days.  Not one to give in, I have done a little pushing, got a few things done, food shopped for the cleanse and even went on a date night to the movies with my beloved.   

It's amazing how a headache can take over and dictate how the day goes, I had forgotten that because its been years.  Years ago I suffered with headaches and migraines all the time.  But that changed a few back when we changed our lifestyle and eating habits and began our Joy in the Journey.

Since I have been working out, living a healthier lifestyle, get a daily dose of our nutrient and vitamin dense super food shake, lost weight, gotten physically stronger, more fit and flexible, come off all medications, including my medications for high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and neuropathy and been overall taking better care of my health through balance and moderation I have rarely had a migraine or even a headache for that matter.  I had forgotten how debilitating they can be.

Then again I am not totally surprised that it would catch up with me this weekend.  Since I have not been consistent in my workouts and have had more than my share of junk over the past month with our  getaways, celebrations, cocktails, wine, desserts, pizza and one too many indulgent heavy meals.  And last night I had some caramel popcorn and twizzlers at the movies, total junk for my body.  Certainly not the end of the world but I am not used to it, and when I eat junk, my body feels it.  At the end of the day this is a lifestyle with balance and moderation and not a diet.  But I know I have been skirting the edge and I have overdone it with "treats" and my body is feeling it and I feel like I have been hit by a mac truck.  

One of the things I always tell my challengers is that this is a lifestyle not a diet and we are not perfect, things happen, things come up.  We all fall, it happens, we get off track and need to re-focus and get back on track.  And just as there is no room for excuses, there is no room for beating ourselves up, throwing in the towel because we feel like we have failed and think we can't recover the ground we lost. That is just not true another excuse and we have to replace that kind of thinking with a healthy realistic and positive mindset, get back on track, start making good choices and moving in a positive direction.  And if necessary, doing it over and over so we can keep our mindset strong and focused in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and achieving our goals.  

This cleanse could not be coming at a more perfect time for me and John.  

I want to jump start into my next round of the 21 Day Fix so I can lose another 50 pounds.  And I am already in the mindset zone, I can't wait to purge all this junk from my system and I can't believe that I am writing let alone actually doing this, but as of today I am also giving up coffee.  You know how I love my espresso and my coffee, but since there is no caffeine during the cleanse we are both starting early and giving up caffeine starting today.   

I am excited and I am already getting my mindset into cleanse mode and committing 100% for it is my 100% commitment, mindset and preparation that is going to help me rock this program.   

I am also grateful that this cleanse is not a starvation diet, in fact it has an amazing 3 week eating plan with recipes, cooking tips, shopping lists and step-by-step instructions.  I love that it also breaks down the 21 days into three 7 day phases.  It seems to me a bit less overwhelming. Like losing 50 pounds, I have to break it down into increments, lose 10, then another and then another.  So goes this, I can do anything for 7 days, I can do anything for 21 days, but its easier for me to approach it and break it down to 7 days at a time, at least to start.  Whatever it takes right!

The first seven days will reclaim my body's natural balance, the next seven will release the unwanted compounds that have been holding my system back and will start the detoxification process and the last seven will restore my digestive system and other internal processes to their maximum efficiency which will help me have more energy, feel better, give my mindset a boost, help my body function more efficiently, lose weight and improve my overall health!  

So over the next couple of days we will be be taking measurements, pictures, weighing in and doing some food prep and planning. 


I am making a commitment to myself to also blog about the experience every day.  So stay tuned and join us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bearing with the faults of others

Aside from the Bible my all time favorite is the Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis and my favorite version of this book that has been reprinted in various versions is the Penguin Classic. I’ve had my copy for well over 20 years and it is highlighted and tabbed and falling apart but it is and always will be my go to!! During Lent I was so excited to pray with the Hallow App and the reason I was so excited was that they were doing reflections on the Imitation of Christ, and it was a blessed Lenten Season with Hallow and that blessing continues for both me and my beloved today as it has become a part of our daily routine. Which I have to say is anything but routine but joyously consistent. Back at the beginning of Lent I ordered a revised translation from Pauline Books, it took a few months but I received the book recently and have been loving it. I enjoy very similar translations to my penguin classic and I am blessed by the reflections and prayers at the end of each section. And

Usefulness of Adversity

  Today the reading I turned to was Usefulness in Adversity. For me it reminds me to draw closer to God, to seek His wisdom and guidance and to always remember that it is He who sees my heart.

Avoiding rash judgement

I love starting my day with a random reading from the Imitation of Christ!  Somehow it always seems to be just what I need to hear for that day.  This morning was no different, the reading was on avoiding rash judgement.